Big Issue

I've been working on my Big Issue project last night and today, now I have finished the final pieces. The aim of the project was to create a campaign to get more people to buy The Big Issue and to clear up some common misconceptions. I decided to use infographics for my campaign, as I found that most people didn't buy The Big Issue because they thought the vendor would use the money to buy alcohol or drugs. So if people could see what the vendors are doing with the money then they would be more willing to buy the magazine.
Part of the brief said that they didn't have a big advertising budget, so I made all the posters in black and white to keep costs down. I also created a website mock up, which would have interactive infographics, where the users can move a slider to see what effect more people buying the magazine would have on the statistics.

Expecting my manifesto and fashion prints back today or tomorrow, so I will get some photos of them up when I get them back.


Fashion/the client

This is the final outcome of the fashion brief. It changed quite alot since the last update about it. I decided the last idea was too clunky and I wanted something a bit more subtle. It has the same idea of showing off the surronds of the campus. But in the crit they said that it didn't have a strong enough link to the fashion and textiles course and that it only needed a subtle link, which i agreed with. So I added a fabric texture to it, which I feel works, its not obvious but it does link it. Once it is printed, it will fold into a case to hold a CD/DVD.

Manifesto brief

The aim of this brief was to create a manifesto to explain how we want to work and to set ourselves some rules to follow, then create 3-5 posters to represent our manifesto.


Deadline is fast approching. Quite happy with my first attempt with infographics though. Sorry about the photo quilty, im updating from my phone.

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5